Trinity United Methodist Church of Fort Dodge traces its roots back to 1862, just 14 years after Iowa statehood. 160+ years later, we're still serving God in Fort Dodge, Iowa. Our outreach and mission activities connect us to both the local community and the world.
Like so many churches our names and address has changed over the years. The last change happened in 1968, when The First Evangelical United Brethren Church became Trinity United Methodist Church. This occurred when The United Methodist Church was created by the joining of The Evangelical United Brethren Church and The Methodist Church.
Our current church building at 838 N 25th St, Fort Dodge, was built in 1958 and later expanded to its current size in 1996. Our building features thirty (30) stained glass windows and thirty (30) etched windows. The largest stained-glass display, "The Mighty Acts of God from Creation to Spreading the Good News," was dedicated May 24, 1998. It fills the entire south wall of our sanctuary. The etchings, "Jesus's Life on Earth - from the Beginning to the End," occupy the rear wall of the sanctuary and were dedicated in June 1986.
Rev. Jena Finch-Manchester